1 (edited by brandon Jan 11, 2013 5:30pm)

Topic: Bunch of New Updates Live

A whole bunch of new updates have just gone live today.

If you don't want to read everything, I've listed the most important things below:

1. When you sell a game you must acknowledge the trade and specify when you will ship the game. After three days the buyer will have the option to cancel the trade and depending on your trading history you may receive negative feedback. Once you acknowledge the trade you will be able to see the buyers shipping information.

2. There are auto-timers where trades will auto-cancel if you do not confirm the game is shipped in time. Make sure you do confirm the game as shipped by clicking "Confirm Shipped" at the bottom of the shipping info popup.

---

Now Open to the Public

99Gamers is now open to the public! You no longer have to be signed in to view the site. Non-members can now browse games, profiles and the forum. You'll also find the homepage now shows some of the latest trading activity going on. You'll now be able share your profile pages with other non-members.

All members only have their last name initial visible to non-members. This way your full name is hidden. In the settings, you can have your last name only show the initial. Instead of John Smith your name will show as John S. site wide. Only members you buy from will be able to see your full name so they can ship you the game.

Trading Process

Trading Process Overview: Sellers have 7 days to ship the game unless they fail to acknowledge the trade, then the buyer can cancel the trade after 3 days.

We've completely revamped the trading process, making things work much smoother. Most of you won't see these changes until your next trade.

When a game is sold the seller must now acknowledge the trade:
When sellers acknowledge the trade they will be able to choose whether they will ship within 1 or 3 days. The faster the seller ships, the higher the minimum shipping rating must be. For example, any trade that is shipped within 2 days will get a 5 star shipping rating.

If the trade is not acknowledged within 3 days then the buyer will have the option of cancelling the trade. This will keep things moving in case the seller is not very active or is no longer around to ship the game.

If the seller is taking too long to ship, they'll see a timer countdown to when the trade will be cancelled.

Once the seller commits to ship they will receive the buyers shipping information so they can send the game off.

Mutual Cancellations

If both members agree to cancel a trade they can now do so. The seller will have to click on "I can't ship..." and explain the reason why they want to cancel the trade. If the buyer agrees then the trade will be cancelled. If the buyer does not agree then the seller will get a neutral or negative rating based on their feedback history. As you build up your trading history, you will receive neutral ratings instead of negative for failing to ship.

Once the seller commits to ship they will receive the buyers shipping information so they can send the game off. 4

The messages will now reflect a complete timeline of the trade. All the information you may want to know about the trade will be here.

At the bottom of the messages you will see what step of the trade you are currently on and what you need to do next. These will change depending on if you are the buyer or seller and what step you are on.

Feedback

Giving feedback has been improved. You will now see how many stars the person you are rating will receive for shipping, communication and condition. When rating each, there will be text that helps you decide what to rate.

A neutral rating has been added which can be used if you do not feel the seller deserves positive or negative feedback. If you feel the seller went out of their way you can leave a tip of a few coins. There are tip limits in place depending on how much the game was sold for.

Sellers will no longer be able to get negative feedback. They will either get positive feedback or no feedback if the trade did not go well for the buyer. This eliminates retaliated negative feedbacks. All current negatives that sellers have received will be changed to have no rating.

Wishlists

A basic wishlist has been added. When you visit any games page and click on "Add to Wishlist" the game will be added to your wishlist. At the moment, only available games will show. Next week we'll be adding the option for games without listings to show as well as the ability to search for unlisted games to add to your wishlist. We do have plans on further improving wishlists in the future to include email reminders when games become available.

Vacation Mode

If you're going on that much needed vacation, you'll be able to unlist all your current games for sale with just one click. Just visit your settings page and set your profile to vacation mode.

New Trader Security Measures

Traders with under 2 sells will have extra security measures in place to make sure things go well. They will only be able to buy from traders with 2 or more positive sells. This way each new trader is dealing with an experienced member for their first trades. They are also required to upload photos of the game.

More things:

-Auto-timeouts for how long each trader has to give feedback are now in place. These are different depending on where you are shipping to.

- Each members profile page now shows the date of their last login. If you go to purchase a game and that member has not logged in for more than two weeks, a friendly message will display letting you know that you may want to contact them first to see if they are still around to ship.
Note: There was a problem with this yesterday where not all logins were being registered. This should now be fixed but the dates won't update until that member logs in again.

- Your address shows in your settings page so you know what it is currently set to. Soon we'll add the option for members with enough positive feedback to edit their address without contacting us.

- Delivery confirmation numbers now link directly to the tracking page.

- Clicking on the IGN rating of a game will take you directly to the page on IGN. Right now this works for most games but are fixing the rest. We'll be improving the design so you can easily see whether it's a link or not as right now it is difficult to tell.

- Add as unlisted. You can now add games as unlisted which means they won't show for sale right away. This way you can add your game collection and choose to list games whenever you want. This is the first step to the more complex "My Collection" page which will arrive eventually.

Cheers and enjoy!

Re: Bunch of New Updates Live

Brandon Kruzeniski wrote:

A whole bunch of new updates have just gone live today.

Updates are looking good, nice job!

http://keithbrown.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/calvin-hobbes-author-cartoon.jpg

whats up with the lack of  people on the site

Updates look great.  I have yet to use or see them all.  Great job guys, thanks!

I thought a direct link to IGN was going to be posted on the games description?

Thanks for adding wishlists...awesome idea!

And I assume the updated feedback is now active?

How do I go about adding games to my wishlist? I am either too drunk or too dumb to see it.

Aaron Chavez wrote:

How do I go about adding games to my wishlist? I am either too drunk or too dumb to see it.

You go to the game's page and under the description is an "add to wishlist" link

While I applaud the effort made by Brandon and Jon to improve the site every day, I have to say I'm disappointed by the wishlist implementation (to date).  To me, a wishlist is a place to:

1) Store a list of games I want now that aren't available
2) Store a list of cool looking games I want later so I don't forget to play them one day.

Because the wishlist system (again, to date) essentially limits additions to only available games, it doesn't really help me with either of the above.  Here's hoping improvements are made some time down the road to make the wishlists more flexible and powerful!  smile

rockydil wrote:

While I applaud the effort made by Brandon and Jon to improve the site every day, I have to say I'm disappointed by the wishlist implementation (to date).  To me, a wishlist is a place to:

1) Store a list of games I want now that aren't available
2) Store a list of cool looking games I want later so I don't forget to play them one day.

Because the wishlist system (again, to date) essentially limits additions to only available games, it doesn't really help me with either of the above.  Here's hoping improvements are made some time down the road to make the wishlists more flexible and powerful!  smile

For the wishlists, the following will be added next week:

1. Games that don't have an available listing to buy will show.
2. You'll be able to search for games to add to your wishlist, even if they don't have an available listing.

Brandon Kruzeniski wrote:

For the wishlists, the following will be added next week:

1. Games that don't have an available listing to buy will show.
2. You'll be able to search for games to add to your wishlist, even if they don't have an available listing.

Well blow me down.  You're good.  big_smile

When is the forum button coming?

sgand wrote:

When is the forum button coming?

Goal being getting more involvement in the forum (+stronger base of return +loyal users with valuable feedback)

From what I know of html/xhtml/php adding a button to the top should be easy as pie.... there must be some reason it isn't there yet... >?

I think that along with the wishlist implementation there needs to be some sort of notification if the game comes available. Even better if you can set a coins threshold and be notified when it is available at a price you're willing to pay.

Good idea WILTRON  smile

Been amazed with updates so far guys, keep up the good work Brandon and Jon!

Just updated the main post with all the new feature details.

Tremendous job!  I for one am really looking forward to an influx of new inventory now that the gates are open.

Everything so far seems to be a great step in the right direction. :-)

Love the improvements!!

WILTRON wrote:

I think that along with the wishlist implementation there needs to be some sort of notification if the game comes available. Even better if you can set a coins threshold and be notified when it is available at a price you're willing to pay.

Great idea. This is what I use CAG for.

Fantastic update. This site is really coming along well.

I just got some good games from some new users.  Glad to see a mass of new people here smile  Alot of games being added daily.  Great site!

When are we going to be able to remove games from my games. I have a ton on there that I no longer have and it's just cluttering the page.

sgand wrote:

When are we going to be able to remove games from my games. I have a ton on there that I no longer have and it's just cluttering the page.

What I do is just list the item. After that you can remove the item.

24 (edited by Cruzer Jan 13, 2013 9:55am)

sgand wrote:

You always could remove them.  There is a button that says "remove game".  Unless you mean something else??
EDIT:  You have to unlist the game first before the option to remove it appears

GreenBayPackers wrote:
sgand wrote:

What I do is just list the item. After that you can remove the item.

That did it, thanks. Annoying having to do all that.